Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000: Finding gem stocks in the market is pretty rare. Some stocks are undervalued because of a lack of news, business parameters, or earnings. The Price to Earnings ratio is one of the parameters used to determine the value of a stock. Any stock trading below its industry average but with strong fundamentals may represent an opportunity to own a good company.

Under Rs. 1,000 can ease the pocket as well. In this article, we will look at Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 and look at their finance and more.

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 #1: West Coast Paper 

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 - West Coast paper logo

West Coast Paper was founded in 1955, and the mill is located in Dandeli, Karnataka. They are one of the largest producers of paper for printing, writing, and packaging in India. The Company’s high-quality paper serves a variety of industries in India, including printing, writing, publishing, stationery, notebooks, and packaging. 

West Coast generates the majority of its revenue from operations, with Paper accounting for 95.76%, up 45.05%, Cables accounting for 4.23%, up 61.84%, and Others accounting for the remaining 0.01%. 

Note: If you want to learn Candlesticks and Chart Trading from Scratch, here’s the best book available on Amazon! Get the book now!

telegram channel

The stock was trading at Rs. with a low Price-to-earnings ratio of 4.85 times, while the Industry average stood at 25.54 times. In FY23, the RoE and RoCE were an impressive 33.03% and 48.84%, respectively.

The company’s operating revenue in FY23 was Rs. 4,920.76 crore, up from Rs. 3,377.66 crore in FY22, representing a 45.68% increase. Net profits increased by 214.27% in FY23 to Rs. 1,087.01 crore from Rs. 345.88 crore in FY22. The first stock in the list of Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 is West Coast paper Mills.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 648Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 4,223
EPS (TTM)₹ 128.76Stock P/E (TTM)4.96
RoE (%)33.03%RoCE (%)48.84%
Promoter Holding (%)56.53%FII Holding (%)7.98%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 4,111.05Net Profit Margin (%)22.09%

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 #2: Adani Power

Adani Power Logo

In 1996, Adani Power (APL) was established as a power trading company. It has now developed both naturally and artificially into India’s biggest generator of private thermal power. It is a part of the Gautam Adani-led Adani Group.

In Mundra, Gujarat, it opened its first power plant in 2006. Today, Adani Electricity has seven coal plants with a combined 15,210 MW of electricity-producing capacity located in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Rajasthan. 

Furthermore, it possesses a 40 MW solar power facility located in Gujarat. In Madhya Pradesh, a factory is being built to increase its capacity from 1,200 MW to 1,600 MW. Adani Power’s revenue from operations comes from segments such as power generation (97.73%, up 39.21% YoY) and trading, investment, and other activities (2.26%, up 79.29% YoY) in FY23. 

The company’s price-to-earnings ratio was 10.16 times, compared to an industry average of 42.57 times. In FY23, the RoE and RoCE stood at 50.86% and 23.49%, respectively. The company’s operating revenue was Rs. 38,773.30 crore in FY23, up from Rs. 27,711.18 crore in FY22, representing a 39.92% increase.

Net profits stood at Rs. 10,726.64 crore in FY23 as compared to Rs. 4,911.58 crore in FY22, an increase of 118.39%. There was a prior period gain on the sale of investments of Rs. 695 crore, other income of Rs. 3,395 crore, and revenue from operations of Rs. 2,377 crore were recognized in FY23.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 562Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 2,16,528
EPS (TTM)₹ 60.50Stock P/E (TTM)9.28
RoE (%)50.86%RoCE (%)23.49%
Promoter Holding (%)71.75%FII Holding (%)15.86%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 1,14,277.37Net Profit Margin (%)27.66%

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 #3: Zydus Lifesciences 

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 - Zydus Lifesciences logo

Mr. Ramanbhai B. Patel founded Zydus Lifesciences in 1952. After Zydus Lifesciences underwent restructuring in 1995, Cadila Healthcare was created under the Zydus group. The group experienced tremendous financial growth, rising from sales of Rs. 250 crores in 1995 to more than Rs. 17,000 crores in FY-21. They are highly capable throughout the whole pharmaceutical value chain.

The products range from formulas to active medicinal ingredients to wellness items and products for animal healthcare. Zydus generated revenue from operations in segments such as Pharmaceuticals, which accounted for 86.97%, up 14.17% YoY, and Consumer Products, which accounted for 13.02%, up 13.44% YoY in FY23.

The company’s P/E ratio was 24.45 times, compared to an industry average of 46.02 times. In FY23, the ROE and RoCE were 17.03% and 22.68%, respectively. The company earned revenue from operations of Rs. 17,237.4 crore in FY23, up from Rs. 15,109.9 crore in FY22, representing a 14.08% increase.

Net profits stood at Rs. 2,091.90 crore in FY23 as compared to Rs. 4,618.30 crore in FY22, a decrease of 54.70%. In FY23, one of its wholly owned subsidiaries, Sentynl Therapeutics, recognized goodwill under Exceptional Item due to a change in business plans worth Rs. 604.20 crore, which impacted their earnings. The third stock we have la

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 870Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 88,061
EPS (TTM)₹ 29.38Stock P/E (TTM)29.61
RoE (%)17.03%RoCE (%)22.68%
Promoter Holding (%)74.98%FII Holding (%)4.99%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 52,502.40Net Profit Margin (%)11.58%

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 #4: Pearl Global Industries

Pearl Global Industries logo

Deepak Kumar founded Pearl Global Industries in 1987. Through its domestic and international facilities and activities, the company manufactures, sources, distributes, and exports ready-to-wear garments and offers end-to-end supply chain solutions to worldwide brands.

Bangladesh, India, Hong Kong, and Other are the company’s geographical segments. The company offers bottoms, woven items, and knits in the men’s, women’s, and children’s wear categories. Woven accounted for 44% of Pearl Global’s revenue from operations, with Knitted accounting for the remaining 56%.

Geographically, they earned 34.94% of their revenue from India, with the remaining 65.05% coming from the rest of the world. The company’s P/E ratio was 15.44 times, compared to an industry average of 46.02 times. In FY23, the RoE and RoCE stood at 23.60% and 22.69%, respectively.

The company’s revenue from operations stood at Rs. 3,158 crore in FY23 as compared to Rs. 2,714 crore in FY22, an increase of 16.39%. Net profits increased by 118.13% in FY23 to Rs. 153 crore from Rs. 70 crore in FY22. The company’s domestic sales increased as average realization increased, while domestic sales increased as volume increased.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 601.10Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 2,691
EPS (TTM)₹ 40.26Stock P/E (TTM)14.93
RoE (%)23.60%RoCE (%)22.69%
Promoter Holding (%)66.23%FII Holding (%)5.25%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 1,060.39Net Profit Margin (%)4.84%

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 #5: Nava 

Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000 - Nava logo

Nava was established in 1972 as an Indian ferro alloys manufacturer. They are diversified businesses in metals manufacturing, power, mining, agribusiness, and healthcare; and employ more than 1,000 people in operations across two continents in India, Southeast Asia, and Africa.

In 2010, they expanded their presence in Africa by acquiring 65% of Maamba Collieries, Zambia’s largest coal mine concessionaire, which led to the development of a 300 MW power plant in Zambia. The plant represents 10% of Zambia’s total installed power generation capacity. 

Recently, the company under the arbitration initiated by MCL against Zambia Electricity Supply was awarded to clear the payment of the dues of approximately $518 million, allowing the company to significantly reduce its debt burden.

In FY23, Nava’s revenue from operations came from segments such as Ferro Alloy – 29.88%, Power – 64.87%, Mining – 4.67%, with the remaining unallocated being 0.58%. The stock’s P/E ratio was 8.08 times, compared to an industry average of 40.13 times. In FY23, the RoE and RoCE were 14.11% and 20.96%, respectively.

The company reported revenue from operations of Rs. 3,528.14 crore in FY23, up from Rs. 3,347.66 crore in FY22, representing a 5.39% increase. The net profit increased by 113.10% to Rs. 1,221.69 crore in FY23 from Rs. 573.28 crore in FY22. This is the last stock in the list of Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 486.85Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 7,064
EPS (TTM)₹ 67.83Stock P/E (TTM)7.18
RoE (%)14.11%RoCE (%)20.96%
Promoter Holding (%)48.84%FII Holding (%)9.18%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 6,880.67Net Profit Margin (%)34.62%

Conclusion:

As we at the end of the article Low PE Stocks Under Rs 1000, these stocks with low P/E ratios have the potential to generate higher returns for investors if the company grows. Before investing, investors should consider other factors such as management views and industry analysis.

Low P/E for stocks might be a reason for corporate issues as well. What are your thoughts on these companies’ potential? Do let us know your views in the comments section below.

Written by Santhosh

By utilizing the stock screenerstock heatmapportfolio backtesting, and stock compare tool on the Trade Brains portal, investors gain access to comprehensive tools that enable them to identify the best stocks, also get updated with stock market news, and make well-informed investments.


Start Your Stock Market Journey Today!

Want to learn Stock Market trading and Investing? Make sure to check out exclusive Stock Market courses by FinGrad, the learning initiative by Trade Brains. You can enroll in FREE courses and webinars available on FinGrad today and get ahead in your trading career. Join now!!