Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks: Stock markets generate wealth for anyone who is patient and knows what they are doing. To mark his success in the investing world, He is Anil Kumar Goel, who overcame adversity and perseverance, which paid off in the long run. In this article, we will look at some of Anil Kumar Goel portfolio stocks and learn about the company in which he made investments.

Who is Anil Kumar Goel?

Anil Kumar Goel was born in Amritsar and later relocated to Chennai to manage the family’s steel business. He began investing in the early 1990s, foraying into the stock markets while abandoning their ancestral steel business and selling 6 acres of land in Chennai. In September 1992, he invested Rs. 50 lakh, and in 1993, he invested Rs 5 crore, which grew to Rs 20 crore after FIIs entered India, and that was the beginning.

His understanding of business models and stock selection has made him a fortune, and he believes in an 8-year bull market.

Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks

Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks #1 – Dhampur Sugar Mills Ltd.

Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks - Dhampur Sugar Logo

Since 1933, Dhampur Sugar Mills has been producing sugar. The company’s product lines include green power, ethanol, and industrial chemicals. In Uttar Pradesh, DSML has manufacturing facilities in Dhampur and Rajpura.

Note: If you want to learn Candlesticks and Chart Trading from Scratch, here’s the best book available on Amazon! Get the book now!

telegram channel

Sugar contributed 51.60% of the company’s revenue, power contributed 5.78%, ethanol contributed 15.87%, chemicals contributed 8.05%, potable spirits contributed -12.35%, and others contributed 6.31%. Domestic sales accounted for 76.56% of total sales, with exports accounting for 23.44%.

Anil Kumar Goel owns 12.70% of the company as of September 30, 2023.

The company reported revenue of Rs. 2,874.02 crore in FY23, up from Rs. 2,162.98 crore in FY22, a 32.87% increase. Net profits were Rs. 157.99 crore in FY23, up from Rs. 144.03 crore in FY22, a 9.69% increase. 

Revenues increased prior to the COVID period, dipped in FY21 and FY22, and increased in FY23, but have not yet returned to pre-COVID levels. Net profits follow revenue growth.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 242.5Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 1,628.49
EPS₹ 23.72RoE16.39%
Dividend Yield2.69%D/E0.7
Promoter Holding49.08%FII Holding7.57%
RoCE15.30%NPM (%)5.50%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 2,411.52OPM (%)12.33%

Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks #2 – Dhampur Bio Organics:

Dhampur Bio Organics Logo

Dhampur Bio Organics was founded in 2020. The firm produces refined and raw sugars, biofuels, biomass-based renewable energy, bagasse, and other products. 

Asmoli Plant (Sambhal), Mansurpur (Muzaffarnagar), and Meerganj (Bareilly) are the manufacturing locations in Uttar Pradesh. The Asmoli plant has a higher production capacity than the other two plants.

Sugar accounted for 68.76% of revenue, while biofuels and spirits accounted for 31.24%. The company’s revenues are concentrated more in the domestic region, accounting for 88.45%, with exports accounting for 11.54%.

Anil Kumar Goel owns 12.70% of the company as of September 30, 2023.

Revenues in FY23 increased by 69.71% to Rs. 2,654.44 crore from Rs. 1,564.09 crore in FY22. Net profit in FY23 is Rs. 111.10 crore, up from Rs. 102.33 crore in FY22, an increase of 8.57%. Because the company is in its early stages, revenue has grown at a healthy rate, but it will take time to understand how the company will progress.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 145.7Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 981.87
EPS₹ 16.25RoE11.90%
Dividend Yield2.44%D/E0.81
Promoter Holding50.44%FII Holding4.83%
RoCE10.04%NPM (%)4.17%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 1,752.08OPM (%)8.50%

Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks #3 – TCPL Packaging Limited

TCPL Packaging Logo

TCPL Packaging, The Kanoria family founded the company in 1987 and promoted it. They produce folding cartons, blanks and outers for printing, litho lamination, plastic cartons, blister packets, and shelf-ready packaging.

Manufacturing plants are located in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Goa, Guwahati, Haridwar, and Greater Noida.

The company’s revenue exposure is 74.55% from domestic and 25.44% from exports. The firm manufactures and supplies products to industries such as FMCG, pharmaceuticals, tobacco, liquor, e-commerce, consumer durables, and so on.

Anil Kumar Goel owns 10.30% of the company as of September 30, 2023.

The company reported revenue of Rs. 1,474.88 crore in FY23, up from Rs. 1,085.73 crore in FY22, representing a 35.84% increase in profits. Revenue increased 135.63% to Rs. 110.44 crore in FY23 from Rs. 46.87 crore in FY22. Revenue and net profit have increased year on year, and OPM margins have increased as sales have increased.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 2,233.75Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 2,046.41
EPS₹ 123.20RoE28.26%
Dividend Yield1.42%D/E1.11
Promoter Holding55.74%Public Holding37.62%
RoCE23.16%NPM (%)7.49%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 2,416OPM (%)16.01%

Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks #4 – KRBL

KRBL Ltd Logo

KRBL Limited was incorporated in 1993. The company is involved in the rice industry and is India’s first integrated rice company. Operating primarily in the realm of manufacturing and marketing of rice products, 

KRBL is present throughout the entire value chain, from seed development and multiplication to contact farming, production, and marketing. The company is constantly looking for new ways to increase offtake, broaden reach, and deploy cost-effective technologies.

Anil Kumar Goel owns 2.95% of the company as of September 2023.

The company earned 63.33 percent of its revenue from agriculture in India, and the remaining 36.66% came from the agriculture segment in the rest of the world. It earned 100% of its revenue from energy in India.

In FY23, the company earned Rs. 5,363.23 crore in revenue, up from Rs. 4,210.56 crore in FY22. In FY23, net profits were Rs. 700.98 crore as opposed to Rs. 459.40 crore. Except for FY21, revenue is increasing, and net profits have remained stable over the last five years.

Over the past five years, operating and net profit margins have remained stable.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 354.70Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 8,126.74
EPS₹ 29.33RoE16%
Price to Book Value1.76D/E0.04
Promoter Holding60.17%Public Holding29.73%
RoCE21.12%NPM (%)13.07%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 7,744.45Current Ratio6.35

Best Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks #5 – Uttam Sugar Mills Ltd.

Uttam Sugar Mills Ltd Logo

Uttam Sugar Mills was founded in 1993. The company’s expertise in sugar has resulted in products such as liquid sugar, specialty sugar, pharmaceutical-grade sugar, and now 21 products.

Their products are distributed throughout North and Central India, as well as in states such as Gujarat and Rajasthan, and their clients include Taj, Lalit, Leela, Lemon Tree, Amazon, Flipkart, Blinkit, Zepto, Rasna, Safal, Britannia, and others.

In FY23, the company earned 82% of its revenue from sugar, 4.76% from cogeneration, 13.24% from distillery, 83.93% from domestic sales, and the remaining 16.06% from exports.

Anil Kumar Goel holds a 7.40% stake as of September 30, 2023, in the company.

In FY23, the company reported revenue of Rs. 2,058.86 crore, up from Rs. 2,034.355 crore in FY22. In FY23, net profits were Rs. 123.62 crore, compared to Rs. 134.9292 crore in FY22. Revenues are on an increasing trend, but net profits fell in FY23 due to flat sales growth and an increase in fixed operating costs.

ParticularsAmountParticularsAmount
CMP₹ 393.25Market Cap (Cr.)₹ 1,552.98
EPS₹ 37.41RoE23.79%
Dividend Yield1.08%D/E1.07
Promoter Holding72.85%Public Holding26.75%
RoCE16.93%NPM (%)5.98%
Enterprise Value (Cr.)₹ 2,235.77Interest Coverage1.38

List of Anil Kumar Goel Portfolio Stocks

Let’s look at some of Anil Kumar Goel’s stocks.

Scrip NameIndustryCMPHoldings (%)
Dhampur Sugar Mills Ltd.Sugar₹ 242.512.70%
Dhampur Bio Organics Ltd.Sugar₹ 145.712.70%
TCPL Packaging Ltd.Packaging₹ 2,233.7510.30%
South India Paper Mills Ltd.Paper & Paper Products₹ 979.10%
Uttam Sugar Mills Ltd.Sugar₹ 393.257.40%
Vardhaman Holdings Ltd.Finance - NBFC₹ 3,045.356.90%
Avadh Sugar & Energy Ltd.Sugar₹ 684.66.90%
Amarjothi Spinning Mills Ltd.Textile - Spinning₹ 163.656.80%
Dwarikesh Sugar Industries Ltd.Sugar₹ 90.706.70%
Nahar Spinning Mills Ltd.Textile - Spinning₹ 258.556.70%

Conclusion

As we near the end of the article, Anil Kumar Goel has a majority stake in sugar industry companies in his portfolio. The majority of the businesses specialize in sugar and even ethanol production, which is encouraged by the government to reduce reliance on crude oil. What are your thoughts on the companies? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Written by Santhosh

By utilising the stock screener, stock heatmap, portfolio backtesting, and stock compare tool on the Trade Brains portal, investors gain access to comprehensive tools that enable them to identify the best stocks, also get updated with stock market news, and make well-informed investment.


Start Your Stock Market Journey Today!

Want to learn Stock Market trading and Investing? Make sure to check out exclusive Stock Market courses by FinGrad, the learning initiative by Trade Brains. You can enroll in FREE courses and webinars available on FinGrad today and get ahead in your trading career. Join now!!