.
zerodha top banner 2

The shares of Alstone Textiles (India) were locked in an upper circuit at Rs 315.45 on Monday. In the past five days, the stock has gained approximately 22 per cent. 

5paisa Basket Order

Alstone Textiles (India) Limited was incorporated in the year 1985 and is engaged in the textile business that includes Cotton, Woollen, Art Silk, Natural Silk, Readymade Garments, Hosiery, Synthetics Fiber, and Fabric and Mixed Fabrics. 

The board of the company recently announced that it will issue bonus shares along with splitting its shares. The record date for the purpose has been set as December 14th, 2022. 

The company will sub-divide it’s fully paid-up equity shares with a face value of Rs 10 each into 10 Equity Shares with a new face value of Re. 1 each fully paid-up. In addition to that, the company will issue nine equity shares of Re. 1 each for every existing equity share of Re. 1 each. 

In August this year, the shares started trading at Rs 15.75 a piece on BSE. From there it has spiked up to the current levels logging a multibagger return of 1,902 per cent in the span of just three months. 

If an investor had invested Rs 1 lakh in the shares of the company, their investment would be worth Rs 20.02 lakh today. 

In Q2FY23, the company reported a total revenue of Rs 9.92 Crore while the company did not report any revenue in the same period a year earlier. In the previous quarter, their revenue stood at Rs 1 crore. 

In the quarter under review, their net profit stood at Rs 8.27 crores as compared to a loss of Rs 6 lakhs in Q2FY22. In the previous quarter, they reported a total net profit of Rs 96 lakhs. 

The promoters of the company hold only a 10.91 per cent stake in the company and the rest 89.09 per cent held by the public, as per the latest shareholding pattern available on BSE. The company has a market capitalization of Rs 402 crore. 

Despite delivering a multi-bagger return in a short period of time, the financials of the company look weak. Investors should remain cautious and perform a detailed analysis before investing in such companies. 

Written by Anoushka Roy

Disclaimer

The content in this news article is not investment advice. Investing in equities poses a risk of financial losses. Investors must therefore exercise due caution while investing or trading in stocks. Dailyraven Technologies or the author are not liable for any losses caused as a result of the decision based on this article. Please consult your investment advisor before investing.

To stay updated with the Latest Stock Market news, download our app here!

For editorial purposes, contact news@tradebrains.in


Start Your Financial Learning Journey

Want to learn Stock Market and other Financial Products? Make sure to check out, FinGrad, the learning initiative by Trade Brains. Click here to Register today to Start your 3-Day FREE Trail. And do not miss out on the Introductory Offer!!