The shares of this distillery company jumped 3 percent after announcing its quarterly results. In one year, the company has delivered a multibagger return of 140 percent to its shareholders. 

For example, if someone had invested Rs. 1 lakh a year ago, then, the worth of these shares would be Rs. 2.4 lakhs now. 

With a market capitalization of Rs. 207 crores, the shares of Aurangabad Distillery Ltd opened on a higher note at Rs. 272 making a gain of around 3 percent and currently trading at Rs. 259 apiece. The share is trading near a 52-week high which is recorded at Rs. 273.35. 

Such a positive movement was observed after the company announced its June-September results. The company revenue declined by 13 percent from Rs. 63.40 crores during the June quarter to Rs. 74.80 crores in the September quarter. Furthermore, the net profit marginally declined by 13 percent from Rs. 10.78 crores to Rs. 9.30 crores during the same timeframe. 

Comparing these metrics on a YoY basis, the revenue increased by 44 percent from Rs. 43.83 crores in Q1 FY23 to Rs. 63.40 in Q1 FY24. In addition, the net profit magnified by 55 percent from Rs. 5.97 crores to Rs. 9.30 crores during the same period. 

Looking at the important financial ratios, the return on equity (RoE) increased from 20.02 percent during FY21-22 to 28.94 percent in FY22-23 and the return on capital employed improved from 20.5 percent to 29.58 percent during the same time horizon. 

According to the latest shareholding pattern, Promoters of the company have a 74.93 percent stake in the company, and the remaining 25.07 percent shares are with the Public. 

Headquartered in Pune, Aurangabad Distillery Ltd was incorporated in the year 2000. The Company is engaged in the production of various types of alcohol. The Company’s products include rectified spirit, denatured spirit, neutral alcohol, potash, bio-potash, and de-potash vinasses. 

Written By Vaibhav Patil


The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts/broking houses/rating agencies on tradebrains.in are their own, and not that of the website or its management. Investing in equities poses a risk of financial losses. Investors must therefore exercise due caution while investing or trading in stocks. Dailyraven Technologies or the author are not liable for any losses caused as a result of the decision based on this article. Please consult your investment advisor before investing.