With a market capitalization of ₹ 2547 crores, SG Finserv (formerly Moongipa Securities Ltd) is engaged in the business of investing activities, investment research, investment banking and wealth management. 

The company’s share price increased from ₹ 65.75 to ₹ 647.85 in the past year, delivering multibagger returns of 885.32 percent. Therefore, if an investor had invested ₹ 1,00,000 in the company’s shares a year ago, the value of their holdings would have been ₹ 985,323 today! 

In the past three years, the company’s share price rose from ₹ 2.70 apiece to ₹ 647.85 percent, delivering multibagger returns of a massive 23894.44 percent. Therefore, if an investor had invested ₹ 1,00,000 in the company’s shares three years ago, the value of their holdings would have been ₹ 2,39,94,000 today! 


SG Finserv’s shares have been hitting the 5 percent upper circuit for the past two sessions. It recently informed the exchanges that it will be selling a 26 percent stake or 1,07,30,980 shares to acquirers Rahul Gupta and Rohan Gupta, along with Sudesh Business Ventures (PAC). 

The company recorded a net profit of ₹ 14.05 crores in the January to March quarter of 2023 (Q4FY23), against a loss of 0.69 crores in the corresponding quarter of the previous year (Q4FY22). Its revenue came in at ₹ 27.53 crores in Q4FY23, indicating an increase of a massive 10912.00 percent as compared to ₹ 0.25 crores in the previous year. This was mainly due to a sharp increase in interest income. 

For the entire year (FY23), the company reported a net profit of ₹ 18.41 crores, up 12850.00 percent as compared to ₹ 0.32 crores reported in the previous year (FY22). It posted a net profit of ₹ 18.41 crores in FY23, up 2260.26 percent as compared to ₹ 0.78 crores in the FY22. 

Zerodha banner mob

SG Finserv has a low return on equity of 6.33 percent. However, it has an EPS (earnings per share of ₹ 42.74. The company’s promoters hold a 50.88 percent stake in it and retail investors hold the remaining 49.12 percent. 

Written by Simran Bafna 


The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts/broking houses/rating agencies on tradebrains.in are their own, and not that of the website or its management. Investing in equities poses a risk of financial losses. Investors must therefore exercise due caution while investing or trading in stocks. Dailyraven Technologies or the author are not liable for any losses caused as a result of the decision based on this article. Please consult your investment advisor before investing.

To stay updated with the Latest Stock Market news, download our app here!

For editorial purposes, contact news@tradebrains.in

Start Your Stock Market Journey Today!

Want to learn Stock Market trading and Investing? Make sure to check out exclusive Stock Market courses by FinGrad, the learning initiative by Trade Brains. You can enroll in FREE courses and webinars available on FinGrad today and get ahead in your trading career. Join now!!