How to find complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market?
Download complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market: There are over 5,500 publically listed stocks on Indian stock market. And this makes it really tough for an investor to study each one of them individually. Wouldn’t it be easier if you can find an excel sheet with the complete list of stocks listed in Indian stock market and categorized by their industry?
Well, you can download one!! Moreover, it’s pretty simple indeed. As a matter of fact, you can download the complete list of stocks within two minutes. In this post, I’m going to explain how to find the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market in a fast and easy way.
Further, there’s also a bonus in the last section of this post. So make sure that you read this post until the very end so that you do not miss it. Let’s get started.
1. How to download complete list of companies listed on BSE?
You can download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange from its official website- BSE India. Here’s the link to its website: http://www.bseindia.com.
All the publically listed companies on BSE can be found on its website. Here’s how you can download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange:
1. Search ‘BSE list of companies’ on google and click on the first link with title ‘LISTED COMPANIES | LIST OF SECURITY | BSE’ Here is the quick link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/List_Scrips.aspx
2. Next, on the BSE India page for the list of securities, select ‘equity’ in the segment and ‘active’ as status.
- Segment —> ‘equity’
- Status —> ‘Active’
Active status shows the list of companies that are active in the market. Further, do not change the rest of the options. Finally, click ‘submit’.
You can download the excel sheet of the complete list of stocks by clicking on the ‘excel’ link on the right corner as shown below.
3. The excel sheet will be downloaded by clicking on the link as shown above.
Note: The above excel sheet will contain a column of ‘GROUP’ with types A, B, T, XT, P etc. These are the group types of different companies as per BSE. You can read more about it here.
That’s all. This is how simple it is to download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange (BSE).
2. How to download the complete list of stocks listed on NSE?
You can download the complete list of companies listed on the National stock exchange from its official website of NSE. Here’s a quick link to NSE website: https://www.nseindia.com/
Here is exactly how you can download the complete list of companies listed on NSE:
1. Go to the NSE India Website.
2. On this website, go to the top menu bar and Select Market data –> Securities Available for Trading (Under the Trade Information Section).
3. Click on ‘Securities available for Trading’
4. Next, click on ‘Securities available for equity segment (.csv)‘ to download the complete list.
3. A CSV file will be downloaded by clicking on the link.
Note: I have already downloaded the file which you can find here –> NSE list of companies
This is exactly how you can download the complete list of companies listed on the national stock exchange.
You can also get the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market using the INVESTING website. Here is how you can download the list of companies:
1. Go to the Investing website. Here is the link: https://in.investing.com
2. Select ‘TOOLS’ on the menu bar and click on ‘stock screener’.
3. Select the exchange (NSE or BSE) to get the list of the companies on either of the exchange. Select ‘All exchange’ if you want the complete list of both the exchanges.
4. Further, you can also apply different filters to select stocks based on different criteria like price, market capitalization, ratios, etc on investing websites.
This is how you use the INVESTING website to get the list of the companies trading on BSE or NSE.
You can easily download the complete list of the companies listed on the Indian stock exchange using the official website of BSE & NSE. You can also get the same data using INVESTING website.
In addition, there are few other websites also like Money control, screener, etc where you can find the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market. However, the easiest place to find the complete list is described in this post.
That’s all. I hope this post is useful to the readers. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
Save Upto 90% on Brokerage FeeTrade Brains' recommended top brokers to open demat and trading account in India
|No 1 STOCKBROKER IN INDIA|
Free equity investments | Flat ₹20 intraday and F&O trades
|GET FREE DEMAT ACCOUNT|
0 Brokerage on Equity Delivery | Rs 20 per order for Intraday and F&O trades
|GET FREE DEMAT ACCOUNT|
Fix brokerage of Rs. 20 per trade
New to stock market? Join our 7-day free eCourse on HOW TO INVEST IN INDIAN SHARE MARKET here. The lessons will be delivered directly in your email. Happy Investing
- NSE: https://www.nseindia.com/corporates/content/securities_info.htm
- BSE: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/List_Scrips.aspx
- BSE Groups: http://www.bseindia.com/markets/equity/EQReports/tra_trading.aspx
- INVESTING: https://in.investing.com
- Moneycontrol: http://www.moneycontrol.com
- Screener: https://www.screener.in
Tags: complete list of companies in indian stock market, list of companies in stock market, nse listed companies list, list of companies listed in nse, list of nse stocks in excel format, list of companies listed in nse excel, nse stock list download, nse stock list with price, nse listed companies with price, nse stock list sector wise, name of companies listed in bse, nse listed companies list excel, listed companies in nse, how many companies are listed in bse, bse listed companies with share price, bse stock list with price
Hi, I am Kritesh (Tweet me here), an NSE Certified Equity Fundamental Analyst and an electrical engineer (NIT Warangal) by qualification. I have a passion for stocks and have spent my last 4+ years learning, investing and educating people about stock market investing. And so, I am delighted to share my learnings with you. #HappyInvesting