A Guide to download the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market: There are over 5,000 publically listed stocks on the Indian stock market. And this makes it really tough for an investor to study each one of them individually. Wouldn’t it be easier if you can find an excel sheet with the complete list of stocks listed in Indian stock market and categorized by their industry?
Well, you can download one! Moreover, it’s pretty simple indeed. As a matter of fact, you can download the complete list of stocks within two minutes. In this post, We are going to explain how to find the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market (listed companies in India) in a fast and easy way.
Further, there’s also a bonus in the last section of this post. Therefore, make sure that you read this post until the very end so that you do not miss it. Let’s get started.
1. How to download complete list of companies listed on BSE?
You can download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange from its official website- BSE India. Here’s the direct link to the BSE website.
All the publically listed companies on BSE can be found on its website. Here’s how you can download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange:
1. Go to BSE India ‘LISTED COMPANIES | LIST OF SECURITY | BSE’ page. Here is the quick link.
2. Next, on the BSE India page for the list of securities, select ‘Equity’ in the segment and ‘Active’ as status.
- Segment —> ‘Equity’
- Status —> ‘Active’
Active status shows the list of companies that are active in the market. Further, do not change the rest of the options.
3. Finally, click ‘submit’.
Next, you can download the excel sheet of the complete list of stocks by clicking on the ‘download’ link on the top right corner as shown below.
An excel sheet will be downloaded by clicking on the link as shown above.
Note: The above excel sheet will contain a column of ‘GROUP’ with types A, B, T, XT, P etc. These are the group types of different companies as per BSE. You can read more about it here.
That’s all. This is how simple it is to download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange (BSE). It was fast and simple, wasn’t it?
2. How to download the complete list of stocks listed on NSE?
You can download the complete list of companies listed on the National stock exchange from its official website of NSE. Here’s a quick link to the NSE website.
Here is exactly how you can download the complete list of companies listed on NSE:
1. Go to the NSE India Website.
2. On this website, go to the top menu bar and Select Market data –> Securities Available for Trading (Under the Trade Information Section).
3. Click on ‘Securities available for Trading’
4. Next, click on ‘Securities available for equity segment (.csv)‘ to download the complete list.
3. A CSV file will be downloaded by clicking on the link.
This is exactly how you can download the complete list of companies listed on the NSE (National Stock Exchange).
BONUS: Complete List of Stocks on NSE/BSE with Sector
You can also get the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market (listed companies in India) using the Trade Brains Portal website. Here is how you can download the list of companies:
1. Go to the Trade Brains Portal. Here is the link: https://portal.tradebrains.in/
2. Select ‘Screener’ on the top Menu Bar
3. Next, use a filter of ‘Market cap > 0’. This will give you the list of all the listed companies on Indian stock exchanges i.e. BSE and NSE.
4. Further, you can also apply different filters to select stocks based on different criteria like price, market capitalization, ratios, etc on trade brains portal websites.
This is how you use the Trade Brains Portal website to get the list of the companies trading on BSE or NSE.
In this post, we discussed how to find complete list of stocks listed in the Indian Stock Market. Using the above steps, you can easily download the complete list of the companies listed on the Indian stock exchange using the official website of BSE & NSE. You can also get the same data using Trade Brains Portal website.
In addition, there are few other websites also like Money control, screener, etc where you can find the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market. However, the easiest place to find the complete list is described in this post.
That’s all for this post on listed companies in India. We hope this post is useful to the readers. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Have a great day and Happy Investing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How many stocks are listed in the Indian stock market?
As on 28th February 2022, 5251 companies are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) with a total market capitalization of Rs 2.43 Lakh Cr. This count excludes DVRs, REITs, InVITs, ETFs, and Partly paid shares.
The number of companies listed on BSE is more than that of NSE. Currently, more than 2003 stocks are listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE). Out of these 1920 stocks are actively traded, while the rest are not.
Apart from these, many companies are listed on various regional stock exchanges in India.
2. How many companies are listed in the National Stock Exchange?
2003 companies are currently listed on the National Stock Exchange as of 31st December 2021 with an average daily trade volume of over Rs forty thousand crores.
3. How do I find a company’s stock details?
This depends on the details that you’re looking for. You can get financial information and stock quotes of all companies listed on the stock exchanges on NSE/BSE official websites or on their respective websites.
MoneyControl.com can be used to find details like news, trends, charts, prices, and more. Screeners can be used for the fundamental analysis of companies.
Trade Brains portal can be used for stock research, to stay updated with the news, and for analysis of the stocks that you’re interested in.
4. Where can I find a list of stocks?
You can already find the list of active stocks on the respective websites of the NSE and the BSE. Screeners like the one on Trade Brains Portal can be used to filter stocks as per your requirements.
This saves you from the trouble of going through thousands of stocks unnecessarily and helps you to save lots of time.
5. How many stocks are listed on BSE?
As on 28th February 2022, 5251 companies are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). This count excludes DVRs, REITs, InVITs, ETFs and Partly paid shares.
Start Your Financial Learning Journey
Want to learn Stock Market and other Financial Products? Make sure to check out, FinGrad, the learning initiative by Trade Brains. Click here to Register today to Start your 3-Day FREE Trail. And do not miss out on the Introductory Offer!!