How to find Complete List of Stocks Listed in the Indian Stock Market?
A Guide to download the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market: There are over 5,000 publically listed stocks on the Indian stock market. And this makes it really tough for an investor to study each one of them individually. Wouldn’t it be easier if you can find an excel sheet with the complete list of stocks listed in Indian stock market and categorized by their industry?
Well, you can download one!! Moreover, it’s pretty simple indeed. As a matter of fact, you can download the complete list of stocks within two minutes. In this post, I’m going to explain how to find the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market in a fast and easy way.
Further, there’s also a bonus in the last section of this post. Therefore, make sure that you read this post until the very end so that you do not miss it. Let’s get started.
1. How to download complete list of companies listed on BSE?
You can download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange from its official website- BSE India. Here’s the direct link to the BSE website.
All the publically listed companies on BSE can be found on its website. Here’s how you can download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange:
1. Go to BSE India ‘LISTED COMPANIES | LIST OF SECURITY | BSE’ page. Here is the quick link.
2. Next, on the BSE India page for the list of securities, select ‘Equity’ in the segment and ‘Active’ as status.
- Segment —> ‘Equity’
- Status —> ‘Active’
Active status shows the list of companies that are active in the market. Further, do not change the rest of the options.
3. Finally, click ‘submit’.
Next, you can download the excel sheet of the complete list of stocks by clicking on the ‘download’ link on the top right corner as shown below.
An excel sheet will be downloaded by clicking on the link as shown above.
Note: The above excel sheet will contain a column of ‘GROUP’ with types A, B, T, XT, P etc. These are the group types of different companies as per BSE. You can read more about it here.
That’s all. This is how simple it is to download the complete list of stocks listed on the Bombay stock exchange (BSE). It was fast and simple, wasn’t it?
|Looking for the best Demat and Trading account to start your stock market journey? Open your demat account with the No 1 Stockbroker in India -- Join +4 Million Investors & Traders, Zero Brokerage on investing in stocks and mutual funds, Instant Paperless online account opening. Click here to Start Now!!|
2. How to download the complete list of stocks listed on NSE?
You can download the complete list of companies listed on the National stock exchange from its official website of NSE. Here’s a quick link to the NSE website.
Here is exactly how you can download the complete list of companies listed on NSE:
1. Go to the NSE India Website.
2. On this website, go to the top menu bar and Select Market data –> Securities Available for Trading (Under the Trade Information Section).
3. Click on ‘Securities available for Trading’
4. Next, click on ‘Securities available for equity segment (.csv)‘ to download the complete list.
3. A CSV file will be downloaded by clicking on the link.
This is exactly how you can download the complete list of companies listed on the NSE (National Stock Exchange).
BONUS: Complete List of Stocks on NSE/BSE with Sector
You can also get the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market using the Trade Brains Portal website. Here is how you can download the list of companies:
1. Go to the Trade Brains Portal. Here is the link: https://portal.tradebrains.in/
2. Select ‘Screener’ on the top Menu Bar
3. Next, use a filter of ‘Market cap > 0’. This will give you the list of all the listed companies on Indian stock exchanges i.e. BSE and NSE.
4. Further, you can also apply different filters to select stocks based on different criteria like price, market capitalization, ratios, etc on trade brains portal websites.
This is how you use the Trade Brains Portal website to get the list of the companies trading on BSE or NSE.
In this post, we discussed how to find complete list of stocks listed in the Indian Stock Market. Using the above steps, you can easily download the complete list of the companies listed on the Indian stock exchange using the official website of BSE & NSE. You can also get the same data using Trade Brains Portal website.
In addition, there are few other websites also like Money control, screener, etc where you can find the complete list of stocks listed in the Indian stock market. However, the easiest place to find the complete list is described in this post.
That’s all for this post. I hope this post is useful to the readers. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Have a great day and Happy Investing.
Save Upto 90% on Brokerage FeeTrade Brains' recommended top brokers to open demat and trading account in India
|No 1 STOCKBROKER IN INDIA|
Free equity & mutual fund investments | Flat ₹20 intraday and F&O trades
|GET FREE DEMAT ACCOUNT|
0 Brokerage on Equity Delivery | Rs 20 per order for Intraday and F&O trades
|GET FREE DEMAT ACCOUNT|
Fix brokerage of Rs. 20 per trade
Hi, I am Kritesh (Tweet me here), an NSE Certified Equity Fundamental Analyst and an electrical engineer (NIT Warangal) by qualification. I have a passion for stocks and have spent my last 4+ years learning, investing and educating people about stock market investing. And so, I am delighted to share my learnings with you. #HappyInvesting