ZERODHA – India’s No 1 Stockbroker
1. Over +15 lacks clients of Investors and Traders
2. Daily over 15% of all retail order volumes in India by trading and investing
3. Technology first broker
Founded in 2010 by Nithin Kamath, Zerodha is now India’s largest brokerage with over +1.5 million clients.
Ironically, the term ‘Zerodha’ is derived from the fusion of an English and Sanskrit word. ‘Zero’+’Rodha’ where ‘Rodha’ means barrier. Overall, Zerodha means ‘Zero Barrier’.
Nithin bootstrapped Zerodha to overcome the hurdles he faced during his decade long stint as a trader. He was named one of the “Top 10 Businessmen to Watch Out for in 2016 in India” by The Economic Times for pioneering and scaling discount broking in India. Here are a few of the famous awards won by Zerodha recently:
— National Stock Exchange (NSE) “Retail brokerage of the year 2019”
— National Stock Exchange (NSE) “Retail brokerage of the year 2018”
— Outlook Money “Retail broker of the year 2017”
— Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the year (Startup) 2017”
One platform to invest in stocks, derivatives, mutual funds, and more
Through Zerodha Demat Account, you can invest and trade in Stocks & IPOs, Direct mutual funds, Futures and Options, Commodity derivatives, Currency derivatives, Bonds and Govt. Securities & More.
It offers a zero brokerage for delivery equity & direct mutual fund investments. For all intraday, F&O, currency, and commodity trades across NSE, BSE, MCX, it offers a brokerage of Flat ₹20 irrespective of the trading volume.
Zerodha provides hassle free trading and account opening process. No upfront brokerage, no turnover commitment & no hidden charges.
Zerodha Products & Features
Zerodha has built its own trading applications for the customers. It offers different trading terminals, websites, and mobile apps (Android/iOS) which are free for the customers.
— Kite 3.0
Kite 3.0 is a modern technology-based trading platform with streaming market data, advanced charts, an elegant UI, and more. It is a minimalistic, intuitive, responsive, light, yet powerful web and mobile trading application offered by Zerodha. Kite provides Bandwidth consumption of fewer than 0.5 Kbps for a full market watch, extensive charting with over 100 indicators and 6 chart types, advanced order types like Brackets and cover, millisecond order placements, and more.
— Kite mobile
This is a mobile version of KITE for a seamless experience for mobile-users and available in both Android and iOS devices.
Zerodha Coin is a platform that lets you buy mutual funds online directly from asset management companies. This platform is absolutely free since August 24, 2018. Here, you can make your investments without any commissions.
With the help of Zerodha Coin, you can have Direct mutual funds in DEMAT form, with the convenience of one portfolio across equity, MF, currency, etc. Moreover, it also provides a Single capital gain statement, P&L visualizations, and more. This Coin by Zerodha has made investments through SIPs really simple and flexible.
Other Partner Products
Apart from the above products, Zerodha also offers a few other partner programs:
- Smallcase: This thematic investment platform is powered by Kite Connect APIs. Smallcase helps users to invest in different themes by intelligently providing weighted baskets of stocks in each theme.
- Sensibull: This is an options trading platform which offers simplified options trading for new investors by providing powerful trading tools. Sensibull aims to make options trading safe, accessible, and most importantly, profitable for all.
Besides, Zerodha has also started a few educational initiatives to improve financial literacy and increase the participation of the common people in the financial world. Here are a few other products offered by Zerodha
- Zerodha Varsity: An educational platform to educate people about investing and trading. Zerodha Varsity offers free modules on Technical analysis, fundamental analysis, futures, options, risk management, trading psychology & more. Recently, Zerodha Varsity also launched its Varsity mobile app.
- Trading Q&A: An online forum powered by Zerodha to answer people’s most troublesome investing and trading questions.