Comprehensive study and detailed Alice Blue review about its products, service, key features, brokerage charges, and other benefits.
Alice Blue is one of the best discount brokers who provide online and offline trading services in India. Based out of Bangalore, the stockbroker has been in existence for more than a decade that helped the firm leverage its brokerage model into a low-cost plan.
Known for its comprehensive services to a variety of clients and professional traders with online as well as offline trading services, Alice Blue offers a wide range of stockbroking products and services along with advanced technology-driven trading terminals.
The customers of this broking house can trade through BSE, NSE, NCDEX, and MCX and get access to various tools and trading software for free.
In the Alice Blue review article, we will highlight exclusively to our readers that will serve as their complete manual and will allow you to study the products and services offered by Alice Blue from its origin to the current status including the brokerage and other charges they charge for trading and its related activities.
We will also include, what are the advantages and disadvantages of investing and trading with this discount stockbroking firm, what range of other products and services they offer apart from the stockbroking service, and other key information in this stock broker review.
The History of Alice Blue
Incorporated in 2006, Alice Blue was founded by Sidhavelayutham M, who is currently the CEO of this firm and holds MBF from the Indian Institute of Finance. He covers the areas of Risk Management and Operations and Product Development in this company. He is constantly on the lookout for new opportunities with innovative ideas and the adoption of the latest technologies in the business.
Alice Blue is registered with NSE, BSE, NCDEX, MCX (SX), NSE (EQ & FO), BSE (EQ & FO), and NSE Currency. Alice Blue despite being a discount broker provides online as well as offline trading support to its customers as usually with the low-cost Alice Blue brokerage plan many other discount brokers tend to provide an online-only stockbroking service. They are registered Depository Participants of CDSL.
Alice Blue offers a wide range of stockbroking products and services along with various analytical tools, hi-tech trading terminals, Trade School to educate investors, and other software and tools ancillary to provide better trading experience to their customers.
Alice Blue has a PAN India presence with more than 15 branches in the major cities and more than 1000 sub-brokers and partners network all over the country. They offer Equity delivery trades for free and under a flat fee brokerage plan called Alice Blue Freedom 20, which offers low-cost brokerage services for trading.
Alice Blue is ranked as one of the largest commodity brokers in the south part of India that allows trading in commodities across MCX and NCDEX. They also offer research and advisory services under the Advisorymandi app.
List of Charges: Brokerage, Demat, Account Opening, and Other Related Charges
Alice Blue Brokerage Plans
|Exchange||Segment||Freedom Plans (F20)||Trade Pro Plan|
|NSE, BSE||EQ Intraday||20 per order or 0.01% whichever is lower||0.01%|
|FUT||20 per order or 0.01% whichever is lower||0.01%|
|OPTION||20 per order||20 per lot|
|MCX||FUT||20 per order or 0.01% whichever is lower||0.01%|
|OPTION||20 per order||20 per lot|
|NSE, BSE||CURRENCY FUT||20 per order or 0.01% whichever is lower||10 per lot|
|CURRENCY OPT||10 per order||20 per lot|
Alice Blue Account Opening Charges
|Particulars||Alice Blue Charges|
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||Equity Trading + Demat Account: ₹310|
MCX (Lifetime trading account): ₹200
₹500 All segments
|Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC)||₹0|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹0|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)||₹400|
Demat and Other Charges
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|PoA Stamp Charges payable upfront (included with account opening charges)||₹150|
|Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC):|
|Transaction Charges per ISIN (Market Trades):|
|a. Buy (Receive)||₹0|
|b. Sell(Debit)||₹15 flat for every debit transaction|
|Inter Depository Transfer (Off-Market Trades):|
|a. Buy (Receive)||NIL|
|b. Sell(Debit)||0.04% or ₹25 whichever is higher|
|Demat (Per certificate)||₹10 per certificate + ₹50 per request|
|Remat (Per ISIN)||₹30 (Per certificate) + CDSL Charges|
|Courier charges per Demat/ Remat request||₹100|
|Pledge per ISIN||₹20 + ₹12 per request (CDSL Charges)|
|Unpledge per ISIN||₹20 + ₹12 per request (CDSL Charges)|
|Pledge Invocation per ISIN||₹20|
|a. By Email||Free|
|b. Physical||₹0 per request|
|Adhoc / Non-Periodic Statement Requests:|
|a. By Email||₹0 per request|
|b. Physical||₹0 per request|
|a. First Delivery Instruction Book||₹100 (10 leaves)|
|b. Every Additional Booklet||₹100 (10 leaves)|
|Cheque Bounce/ Per cheque||₹500|
|Failed Transactions||₹50 per ISIN|
|Modification in CML||₹0 Per request|
|KRA Upload / Download||₹0 Per request|
Demat Minimum Charges
|Equity Debit Transaction (Market Order)||0.04% of the value of the transaction||₹20|
|Equity Debit Transaction (Off Market Order)||0.04% of the value of the transaction||₹40|
|Debt Debit Transaction (Market Order)||0.04% of the value of the transaction (max 5000)||₹20|
|Debt Debit Transaction (Off Market Order)||0.04% of the value of the transaction (max 5000)||₹40|
Alice Blue Review: Margin / Exposure
|Segments||MIS -Intraday||Bracket Order||Cover Order||CNC- Delivery|
|Freedom Plan (F20)|
|EQUITY||10X||10X||NA||3X||A Group Share|
|FUTURE||5X||10X||10X||1X||As Per Margin|
|OPT BUY||3X||NA||NA||1X- 2X||As Per Premium|
|OPT SELL||5X||NA||NA||1X||As Per Margin|
|MCX Margin||5X||10X||10X||1X||As Per Margin|
|Trade Pro Plan|
|EQUITY||20X||20X||NA||3X||A Group Share|
|FUTURE||10X||20X||20X||1X||As Per Margin|
|OPT BUY||3X||NA||NA||1X- 2X||As Per Premium|
|OPT SELL||10X||NA||NA||1X||As Per Margin|
|MCX Margin||10X||20X||20X||1X||As Per Margin|
Special Features of Trading and Investing with Alice Blue
- Alice Blue offers low-cost brokerage plans that allow investors to trade and invest at a very low cost under Freedom 20 plan as well as Trade Pro Plan.
- Their unique cutting-edge technology ANT – Analyze and Trade helps investors and traders make informed decisions, customize strategies with faster execution, advanced charts, intelligent alerts, and many more.
- They offer the opening of online trading and a Demat account which is 100% paperless.
- Under the Trade Store, they offer various apps and tools that are useful for a better trading experience for active and professional traders.
- They offer offline as well as online trading and hence, customers can get assistance through a local branch.
- Their world-class research and the advisory team provide valuable insights into the fundamentals and technicalities of the stock market through the Advisorymandi app.
- Alice Blue Trade School service where they teach beginners the fundamentals of the stock market.
- They have published many ‘how-to’ videos for their investors to easily trade through various Alice Blue trading terminals and gain seamless experience of trading.
Products and Services Offered by Alice Blue
Below are the explanations of its products and services and their key features.
Products: The discount broking firm provides various products that include trading in equity, derivative, commodity, currency, and mutual funds.
Services: The services offered by this company include Demat, Intraday and Trading account services, IPO as well as AI-based Robo Advisory services. They also offer their customers in-person consultation in case any of their investors need offline services and this is possible through their presence in many major cities.
Research: The Research and Advisory service by this company is offered by way of company reports, annual reports, daily market reviews, monthly reports as well as the Robo advisory services. They also provide relationship managers to those who seek in-person advisory services.
ANT Mobi: To meet the ever-changing needs of the investors as they call it ‘Trade with Technology’, the mobile app introduced by Alice Blue helps traders to have secure and real-time access to the market data to seamlessly trade and invest that too easily accessible from remote areas where the connection is slow.
BOT: It is a Back-Office Transformation software that provides hassle-free day-to-day transaction tracking to investors using advanced technologies that are user-friendly. It is mostly used to help improve relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees while improving the overall visibility of the organizational performance.
ANT Meta: It is a numero uno software that is exclusively designed for traders to trade using trade and analyzes techniques developed with the cutting-edge technologies that generate buy/sell signals with the applied trading strategies such as moving average and RSI.
ANT Desk: It is a desktop-based Alice Blue trading terminal that allows users with a clean interface along with quick execution and analysis, managing pending orders as well as trade from the charts.
ANT Web: To give customers the facility to trade from the lightweight modern browsers that prove to be a blessing for a slow internet connection with the lowest data consumption along with single-click trading feature and history of operation.
ANT Scanner: This feature is enabled in ANT Web and ANT Mobi for the investors to filter stocks in different sectors to analyze the trends such as Day’s Gainer and Loser, Most Active Volume, Volume Shockers, Upper, and Lower Circuit Limit Breakers, Return on Investment and many more.
Tools: Alice Blue provides various analytical and statistical tools for their traders to trade smoothly with the brokerage, option and Alice Blue margin calculators, Pivot Points that provide daily market trends, RMS Live Updates, and Trade Link to generate and share trade ideas.
Trade School: The technical experts from Alice Blue conduct regular webinars and trading workshops for free for their customers covering fundamental, technical basics and strategy where traders get an opportunity to learn directly from these technical experts.
DigiLink: It is a referral program created to attract more customers by rewarding existing clients who are required to refer or share the link with their connections and whoever starts trading with them their referee gets the referral commission.
Alice Blue Review: Pros and Cons
The high-quality services justify all the cons of this stockbroking firm as it is very natural to have some flaws and looking into the advantages of trading and investing with them supports the fact why anyone should avail the low-cost broking facility with them and many more.
- Their advanced cutting-edge technology-driven trading platforms provide a seamless trading experience to their investors. These ANT – Analyze and Trade platforms are based on a concept of ‘Trade with Technology’ equipped with features such as charting, tracking of a portfolio, market watchlist, and real-time information.
- They offer a flat Alice Blue brokerage plan and it offers products and services at a cheaper cost.
- The research and advisory services are quite advanced as compared to other discount brokers as they have used the latest technologies and tools to provide concrete suggestions as well as comprehensive study reports to their investors.
- They offer referral commission to their clients whoever refers their broking facilities to their connections through which they offer their clients to earn extra money.
- Their products and advanced tools with real-time updates allow their customers to effectively make decisions based on their analysis of the current market trends.
- They offer online as well as offline trading where customers can avail facilities of in-person consultation with the relationship managers.
- The Trading school regularly conducts webinars and workshops for their clients through which investors get a chance to learn from their technical experts.
- They have limited presence by way of branches and hence customers from small cities can not avail the in-person facilities.
- They now do not offer full-service stockbroking facilities.
- Products such as NCD, FD and bonds are not offered by them and stock recommendation and tips are also not provided.
- The broker-assisted calls are provided with an extra charge.
A detailed Alice Blue review – one of the best discount brokers in India. In this article, we have covered all the important details of Alice Blue – review, brokerage charges, Demat account, margin, benefits, and more. Check reviews of other top brokers on Nifty Brokers.